We are announcing the closure of DevRaven.io, which will take effect starting on June 30th, 2023. For paying customers, the closure will take effect at the end of their current paid term after June 30th, 2023.
Here are some example scenarios to illustrate how the closure will take effect for your Workspace:
- Free Workspace: Effective June 30th, 2023.
- Paid Workspace (Monthly): At the end of the current term after June 30th, 2023.
- Paid Workspace (Annual): At the end of the current term after June 30th, 2023.
The decision to shut down has not been easy for us. However, after careful evaluation of the current market conditions and a thorough analysis of our product-market fit, we have determined that it is no longer sustainable to continue operating DevRaven.io.
We started building devraven.io based on our experiences part of fast-paced engineering teams and after talking to prospective customers that having automation around the most important workflows and use cases will help with faster prod rollouts. But we gross underestimated the effort it takes to sell to enterprises and the process to fulfill Vendor Risk Assessments(VRAs). Even though we offer features for monitoring complex workflows, we found that enterprises are not willing to invest time in yet another monitoring tool. Overall, it's fair to say we did not achieve the right product market fit and be the differentiator for getting our prospective customers excited.
Here's what you can expect in the coming days:
- Access to DevRaven.io: You will be able to access and use the service until the effective closure date for your Workspace after June 30th, 2023. We encourage you to retrieve any data, tests, or information before the effective closure date for your Workspace.
- Account Deletion: Starting in the first week of July 2023, we will begin the process of deleting the Workspaces (or you may proactively initiate the Workspace deletion yourself from the Workspace Settings page). This process is irreversible, and once the Workspace is deleted, all associated data will be permanently removed.
- User Account Deletion: Once all associated Workspaces for your user account are deleted, we will delete your user account as well.
While DevRaven.io is shutting down, based on our learnings and the problems we encountered while building and running the service, we have launched an open-source, MIT-licensed, self-hostable integration and data pipeline platform called CPTN.io. Additionally, we will be open-sourcing some of the technology we built for DevRaven.io in the coming days. We hope you will find these technologies useful.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We are incredibly grateful to have had the opportunity to serve you, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Wishing you all the best for your future endeavors.